IRN Research’s 2018 UK Legal Services Market Report Published
16 Feb 2018
The UK Legal Services Market Report 2018 from IRN Research, now in its eighth year, provides a market review of the UK legal services market.
- Annual UK legal services market revenue has bounced back in 2017 after a decline in 2016. Market growth was just under 4%.
- Law firm numbers have stabilised but many have reduced costs, and staffing, while some have dropped under-performing practice areas.
- Brexit uncertainties remain the key issue for the corporate sector but it is still performing relatively well. There has been modest growth in most consumer law sectors and the weakest markets are personal injury and criminal law.
- Our forecasts are for a slight improvement in overall revenue growth in 2018, with stronger growth expected in 2019 and 2020.
- Our second annual survey of legal practitioners working in consumer law shows that a clear majority are expecting revenue growth in the next 12 months.
Further details, including Contents Page, on our reports page at www.irn-research.com/reports.
The report is available (PDF) for £400 plus VAT.