IRN’s UK Legal Services Market Report 2017 published today
08 Mar 2017
The key headlines from the 7th edition of the UK Legal Services Market report are:
- A decline in annual UK legal services market revenue overall for only the second time in the last decade but some sectors performing better than others
- Law firm numbers have declined by 6% since 2012 but little change in numbers in the last 2 years
- Consumer sectors like personal injury and wills & probate will face the greatest pressures on revenues and margins going forward
- Our forecasts have been revised downwards from last year and our expectation is for low single digit revenue growth in 2017 and 2018
- A survey of legal practitioners working in consumer law suggests that the majority are expecting revenue growth in the next 12 months but a third are predicting no growth.
- The full report, The UK Legal Services Market 2017 (86pp, PDF), is available directly from IRN Research, priced at £400/€450/US$487. UK sterling price is plus VAT so total price is £480.
The report has been expanded in 2017 and has sections for: industry overview; legal services timeline; market sizes and trends; market segments; key issues in the market; key players; primary research – practitioner survey; market forecasts from 2016 to 2021.
Further details on our reports page or from David Mort at firstname.lastname@example.org.