New Personal Injury Consumer Research Report Published
19 Oct 2020
UK Personal Injury Consumer Research Report 2020
CONSUMER WILLINGNESS TO SUBMIT A CLAIM ONLINE INCREASING BUT MORE CAUTION ON ONLINE REHABILITATION AND COURT HEARINGS
- The latest consumer research findings from IRN Research show that half of the personal injury (PI) cases covered by the research would fall under the £5,000 small claims limit. Many consumers would be concerned about dealing with these cases themselves particularly if they had to provide evidence that it was someone else’s fault, or if they had to prepare court forms or represent themselves in court. However, the percentage of individuals that would be willing to submit all their documents to an online portal in a relatively simple PI claim has passed the 50% mark for the first time this year.
- COVID-19 has seen more online court hearings, online medical examinations, and online rehabilitation programmes taking place but the jury is out on whether claimants would want these to become the usual way of doing this. Almost half would be willing to have a medical examination online but far fewer – around a third – would want to deal with their rehabilitation online or have an online court hearing.
- Almost half managed to deal with the claims process by only using their insurance company. Another 24% used a legal representative alongside their insurers, and another 14% only used a legal advisor.
- Client satisfaction with the services offered by PI practitioners has increased slightly this year while the main factors individuals look for when selecting a legal advisor are speed of service and helpfulness and friendliness of staff. Cost of service, which was joint top last year, has slipped to third.
- Consolidation in the sector is likely to continue and gather pace in the next year and over half of the leading PI brands covered in the survey (13 out of 23 brands compared) have increased awareness since the last survey.
Brands included are:
Accident Advice Helpline, Admiral Law, Bott & Co, Carpenters, Cooperative Legal, DAS Law, DLG Legal, Express Solicitors, Fieldfisher, First4Lawyers, Fletchers Solicitors, Harris Fowler, Hudgell Solicitors, InjuryLawyers4U, Irwin Mitchell, Leigh Day, Lyons Davidson, Michael Halsall Solicitors, Minster Law, National Accident Helpline, New Law Solicitors, Patient Claim Line, Slater & Gordon, Stewarts Law, Thompsons Law, Thorneycrofts, Winn Solicitors.
…………and there is much more analysis/results from the 28 questions asked to individuals. See the Contents Page below for a summary of key themes covered.
The Personal Injury Consumer Research Report 2020 is the third annual edition of this report from IRN Research (branded as Orchard Reports) offering insights into consumer behaviour, perceptions, brand awareness, and opinions. This report is based on responses from 514 consumers involved in a personal injury or clinical negligence incident.
Detailed contents pages are shown on the reports page.
The Personal Injury Consumer Research Report 2020, and the detailed dataset of all survey results with a demographic analysis is available directly from IRN Research, priced at £1,500.
Discounts for report purchase only, dataset only, or purchases of extracts.